Translate

Monday, April 23, 2012

2012 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION - Beginning of the End? (Part 1)


          It is truly mind-boggling to see how many people are either totally and completely ignorant of what is happening to our country today or they plain and simply do not care.  We used to be a country that prided ourselves on freedom, justice and the American way.  Even before the American Revolution those who settled this land came to find freedom – away from tyrannical governments.  The Founding Fathers drew up inspired documents to guide the American people.  Highlighted in these documents are everyone’s right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  In addition, these documents detailed our duties and obligations to take down any person or governmental body that even attempts to take those God given rights away from us.  These rights cannot be dictated away, dismissed through executive orders or rewritten for nefarious gain.  They are forever and eternally engraved in God’s law.  Tyrants will attack these rights on every front and people can willingly give up their own rights but these rights will never vanish – ever.  However, if we, as a whole, sit complacently by – ignoring the attacks on these rights and freedoms – then we have only ourselves to blame when we wake up to find that we have been squashed under the domineering rule of the wicked who have been organized under Satan’s design.



          As I read numerous articles on the internet, hear horrific stories on the TV, most of which are propagandized by the leftist media, speak with people on the streets and listen to the lines of conversations milled about, most of which are on topics that are based off of total falsehoods and/or complete fabrications for which people do nothing to find the real truth about – I have come to wonder whether or not we, as a country – heck, as a world – have not already passed the point of no return.  The degree of wickedness, immorality and outright hatred that radiates globally today on nearly every front makes the society of Sodom and Gomorrah look like a Sunday school picnic.  We have fallen so far downward from the greatness that we once were – and the even greater potential that we could have achieved – and it all occurred solely because far too many of us remained complacent.

          I point to myself on being complacent.  Politics, as far as I was concerned, was boring.  I actually naively believed that it simply did not affect my every day life.  That avenue of thinking is very juvenile but it is the exact mentality that those who wish to destroy freedom, our democracy, our republic, religion and our world’s stability are counting on.  You see – politics is VERY important to them – that’s why they have gained so much ground – so much power – and they are continuing to gain ground with barely any resistance whatsoever because hardly anyone is willing to fight back.  [See my earlier articles on political correctness and how it has been used by the left for this gain.]

          I used to say that I never would discuss politics because I just didn’t want to argue my points or upset anyone else who had a different viewpoint and, lately, I have heard that same sentiment echoed by several others – even prominent, well known persons.  But who are we?  What kind of Americans are we if we are not willing to stand up, hold our ground and fight for our country, our homes and our families?  We can grumble all we want in our homes – behind closed/locked doors – and express our feelings of disgust, dissatisfaction, anger and even fear but unless we are willing to step up to the plate and shout in the open that we have had enough – NO MORE – then we are frankly our own worst enemy.

          I know I didn’t want to step up to the plate – it was way too scary – especially today when those who have been willing to step up and speak out – such as Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Chuck Norris, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Pat Boone – well the list is actually quite long – have been threatened, vilified, attacked on all counts, in fact, many lesser known individuals have even disappeared – why would I want to place myself in that category?  I then thought about Peter.  Peter was a devoted disciple of Jesus and when Jesus was betrayed, Peter vehemently stated that he would stand beside Him.  Knowingly, Jesus told Peter that before the crow were to cock twice, he would deny Him thrice.

          Naturally, Peter must have thought that what Jesus told him was ludicrous but faced with the crowds of angry, hateful people – Peter did just that – he succumbed to his fears and denied his Savior three times.  It was then that Peter had to face his fears and he realized that there was a greater cause than his fear – there was an even worse fate than death – there was the entire loss of the world.  Now I don’t put myself on the same realm as Peter but I did think about all of the souls who gladly and selflessly gave their lives to defend this land and its freedoms.  Some day I will stand before them.  Will I be able to thank them and hold my head up high – or will I cower in shame?  I decided then that I was not going to cower.  I don’t care how much my knees may shake or how sweaty my palms may get – I will stand tall, holding my ground to defend all that is true – all that is right.  I will not be silent any more.


           I am not a prominent person but I make a vow to do all that is within my power to help right the wrong this world has fallen into.  That’s how this blog started – Finding Truth in a Deceptive World.  And right now there is a deceptive person sitting in the White House.  He will stop at nothing to propel his deception.  If you don’t realize that yet, you will – and SOON.  The clock has long sense begun ticking down.  We can either wait for the bomb to go off or we can act to diffuse it.  Will the upcoming Presidential election of 2012 be the beginning of the end of our world?  Will there even be an election?  Can we trust the results that may come forth?  Please come back for more of my sounding off on the election in Part 2.

I am a Proud American – politically incorrect!
Chris Broome

No comments:

Post a Comment